Life is too short to not chase your dreams! Stop sitting on the sidelines and jump into the game. For those that want to find success in the horse industry, get ready to give it your all. The horse world is one of the most exciting and rewarding industries to be apart of, but it isn’t for the faint of heart.
Tips for Following Your Horse Dreams
- Jot down your goals on paper.
- Create a vision board of what you want to work toward.
- Break down your bigger goal into smaller steps. You may even want to utilize a ‘goal ladder.’
- Learn from your mistakes and failures, but don’t let them discourage you.
- Surround yourself by other riders and trainers that you look up.
- Network in the industry. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and make new connections.
- Be ready to make sacrifices. You may have to give up time, money, and relationships to reach your dreams.
- Celebrating your progress will keep you motivated.
- Don’t let your fears hold you back.
- Be genuine and never let your values be compromised.
Any good horse professional will tell you of the highs and lows of their career. You can’t make it to the top without starting at the bottom. There will be some bumps along the way, but with determination and passion nothing can stop you.