Jamie Kent is a music industry road warrior who has has honed his talents by playing more than 200 shows a year, including tours with Huey Lewis & The News, The Doobie Brothers, America, and Foreigner. He is Durango Boot’s winner of its 2016 Sole Performer contest and he just released his latest album, “All American Mutt,” with Grammy nominated producer Dave Brainard.
Kent is the third winner of Durango’s annual contest that invites talented singer-songwriters to post a video singing an original song for the chance to win a yearlong, once-in-a-lifetime experience designed to kick-start their music career.
As part of his prize, Kent was featured in a Durango marketing campaign, participated in a Carnival Music co-writing session with an on-staff writer and received individual feedback from music industry professionals. In addition to those incredible experiences, he also received a wardrobe of Durango Boots, apparel from Wrangler Jeans, a Taylor Guitar and a $10,000 cash prize.
A favorite footwear brand for country, rock and indie artists, Durango has always been a staple in the music industry. Through the Sole Performer contest, Durango looks for a musician who not only represents the brand’s attitude that’s mischievous, bold and fun, but who can also engage consumers in new and meaningful ways.
And it’s been an incredible year for Jamie . .
- Rolling Stone featured Jamie pre-CMA Fest as one of the top 30 Must-See-Act’s, naming him #3 ahead of Chris Stapleton & Eric Church. Read it HERE.
- He released his single, All American Mutt, on July 1st, which was added to Spotify’s official Fourth of July playlist , hitting #19! Listen to the playlist HERE.
- Rolling Stone featured his single, All American Mutt, on their page HERE.
- He was then featured on FOX & FRIENDS national TV segment on July 4th with anchor, Abby Huntsman. Watch it HERE.
- He was just featured in an article in the Tennessean on his partnership with Durango Boots. Read the article HERE.